Chip maker Intel revealed some specific hardware details about tablets running on Windows 8.
Here are some of the salient points.
- Windows 8 tablets will be available in 10- and 11-inch designs.
- These tablets will have an anticipated nine-plus hours of battery life.
- 3G/4G connectivity are expected.
- The tablets should weigh less than 1.5 pounds.
- They will also be ultra thin, around .35 inches.
- They will also include Intel’s dual-core Atom Z2760 “Clover Trail” chipset.
- It features a “burst mode” that can be used for occasional small boosts of performance, and hyperthreading.
- They will also include NFC and WiFi Direct.
These specs look great and if they can execute, this will be a very exciting holiday season indeed.