Cyberlink PowerDirector for Windows 8
Cyberlink, best known for its PowerDVD software is planning some touch-optimized video editing software for Windows 8.
The new tool is called PowerDirector and it will be available at Windows 8 launch for around 10 to 15 dollars in the Windows Store.
Some of the new features in PowerDirector for Windows 8.
- It gives Windows filmmakers the ability to import multiple types of video (including mpeg 2, h.264, and mkv files)
- Film makers are able to trim clips using taps, pinches and swipes.
- Finished work is output at up to 1080p resolution.
- PowerDirector provides several Magicstyle templates (“themes” in Apple parlance) to style your videos.
- You can mix in music from your personal itunes collection. as well.
- The app allows you to share it on Facebook or YouTube with just a few taps or save the file locally.
- It can export the project to your desktop for further fine tuning using the full PowerDirector software.
It looks good and it also seems like a model for new Windows 8 app interactions – a light app on the Metro desktop with the ability to interact with the full app on the Windows 8 desktop.
It’ll be fun to see.
Engadget have a video where they checked it out.