PowerShell is Microsoft’s task automation framework, consisting of a command line shell driven by a scripting language. Not only is PowerShell significantly more powerful, it is intuitive to use as well and provides the ability to script and automate almost all regular tasks. All Microsoft products now come with PowerShell support, making learning this new operating system shell an absolute must for any serious IT manager.
What You Will Learn
This course is a comprehensive introduction to all things PowerShell. Designed with beginners in mind, you will learn everything you need to know to stop limiting yourself with the GUI and automate your managing experience. You will also gain extensive knowledge of the PowerShell scripting language, giving you a solid platform to build upon.
- Introduction to Windows PowerShell
- Using PowerShell Providers
- Using Snapins and Modules
- Understanding the PowerShell Pipeline
- Working with Objects
- The PowerShell Language: Operators
- The PowerShell Language: Constructs
- Arrays and Hash Tables
- Key Cmdlets for Administrators
- Working with Regular Expressions
- Windows PowerShell and Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
- Windows PowerShell Remoting
- Window PowerShell Background Jobs
- Windows PowerShell Scripting
About The Instructor
Jeffery Hicks is a Microsoft MVP in Windows PowerShell. With almost 20 years of industry experience, specializing in Microsoft server technologies. He also writes the popular Prof. PowerShell column over at MPCMag.com and is the author of Managing Active Directory with Windows PowerShell 2.0: TFM.
The TrainSignal Advantage
The course comes in both physical media (shipped directly to your doorstep), as well as instant online access so you can get started straight away if you prefer. Multiple file formats (MP3, WMV, AVI and iPod Video) allows the convenience of learning whenever you want and wherever you are.
PDF notes from the instructor accompany this course allowing you to follow along with the video.