Today Google unleashed their newest tablet on the world.
They unveiled the Google Nexus 7.
Priced at $199 for the 8 GB version and $249 for the 16 GB version.
Aimed straight at the Amazon Kindle Fire, the major push for this tablet will be media consumption. Music, movies, books, magazines, apps, and games.
YouTube has been completely redesigned, and Google Maps has been optimize with new information overlays. Google on stage showed off Horn, a pretty stunning-looking 3D game, and Madfinger’s zombie shooter Dead Trigger.
Google says this is the first device that ships with Chrome as the standard browser.
The Technical Specs
- SCREEN: 7” 1280×800 HD display (216 ppi)
- Back-lit IPS display
- Scratch-resistant Corning glass
- 1.2MP front-facing camera
- WEIGHT: 340 grams
- MEMORY: 8 or 16 GB internal storage, 1 GB RAM
- BATTERY: 4325 mAh (Up to 8 hours of active use)
- CPU: Quad-core Tegra 3 processor
- SIZE: 198.5 x 120 x 10.45mm
- WIRELESS: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Micro USB
- OS: Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- NFC (Android Beam)