Redmond keeps chugging along with its retail plans. We now have details of the next 13 Microsoft Store locations, and rather delightfully, two of these are in Canada.
The company has been opening retail outlets in the United States for years now. And although there have been talk of expanding operations worldwide, including Europe and China, none of these have, so far, materialized.
Now, thanks to job postings, the locations of the next batch of stores have been revealed. Below is a list of these locations:
- The Streets at Southpoint in Durham, NC
- Westfield Topanga in Canoga Park, CA (opens September 21st)
- Baybrook Mall in Friendswood, TX
- SouthPark in Charlotte, NC
- Destiny USA in Syracuse, NY
- NorthPark Center in Dallas, TX
- Chandler Fashion Center in Chandler, AZ
- Lakeside Shopping Center in Metairie, LA
- Westfield Montgomery Mall in Bethesda, MD
- Los Cerritos Center in Cerritos, CA
- Woodland Hills Mall, Tulsa, OK
- Chinook Centre in Calgary, AB Canada
- Toronto Eaton Centre in Toronto, ON Canada
Retail stores are wonderful in the sense that they provide fans and customers a complete retail experience, unlike Microsoft’s store in a store concept at Best Buy locations.
And although the technology titan is yet to provide any timeline on when these new stores will be operational, there is every chance that the gates open in the next few months, ahead of the busy holiday shopping season.