Microsoft now allows you to reset an app in Windows 10, if it gets into a bad state. This primarily applies to the default applications that are included in the operating system.
Because, you can always reinstall Windows Store apps or your desktop software programs to clear out any issues that they may have developed. But this feature is useful if you want to delete the data of a default app, and start over.
This tutorial will show you how to reset an app for your account in Windows 10.
1. Open Settings by pressing the Win + I shortcut key combination.
2. Click on the Apps icon.
3. With Apps & features selected on the left, locate your application, and then click on it.
4. This will bring up an Advanced options link.
5. Clicking on it will open up another panel.
6. You will find information on the amount of data that particular app is using, along with the Reset button that can be used to wipe out and start clean.
7. If you want to proceed, with the rest, simply click or tap on the button, and Windows will ask you for your permission here with a warning that this will permanently delete the data that this application has stored on your device, like preferences and sign in details.
8. You can click on Reset again to do a reset, and once the app is refreshed, Windows will notify you with a little tick to the right.