In Windows 8, you can make changes to specific settings to make the OS easier to use.
This is called Ease of Access.
You can get to this from the Charms > Settings > More PC Settings > Ease of Access
There are several different options here.
- You can change the contrast
- You can make everything bigger
- You can tab through web pages and applications using caret browsing*
- You can setup the Windows Key and volume combo
- Determine notification lengths
- Determine the thickness of the cursor
*So, if you’re like me, you’re probably like “What the heck is Caret browsing?”.
Here’s what Wikipedia says:
In computing, caret navigation is a kind of keyboard navigation where a caret (also known as “text cursor”, “text insertion cursor”, or “text selection cursor”) is used to navigate within a text document. It is a fundamental feature for applications that deal with text, for example text editors (the most famous examples: Emacs and Vim), word processors and desktop publishing programs.