In Windows 8, you can take steps to personalize your settings on your PC and keep them in sync. That way, you can keep your system settings consistent when you use different PC’s.
You can get to this from the Charms > Settings > More PC Settings > Sync Your Settings
There are several different options here.
You can turn syncing on and off and if you turn syncing on, you can decide which settings in particular to sync.
You can sync:
- Personalization – Colors, background, lock screen and your account picture
- Desktop Personalization – Themes, Taskbar and more
- Ease of Access settings – High Contrast etc
- Language Preferences – Keyboards, input devices etc
- App Settings
- Browser Settings
- Other Windows Settings – Windows Explorer and Mouse
- Sign-In info
- Metered Internet Connections
A lot of settings can be custom tailored and synced across multiple devices.