The fact that Windows and Windows Phone stores are heading the right way for a merger is no secret. Microsoft, along with a few unofficial sources, have already made this strategy clear.

And now some leaked images reveal that the company is also working towards building a Universal Store concept that would house apps designed both Windows and Windows Phone. Redmond has been working on this idea for some time now, and the slides show how this project is being approached.

These images, posted by AngelWZR, show two different slides that detail Universal Store apps.

Developers, it appears, will soon be able to create a single app that can target both platforms, Windows and Windows Phone. It all comes down to two Visual Studio UI projects that work with a shared template. This would allow the app to run on both platforms.

Take a look at the images below:



The second slide indicates that 80 percent of the XAML created by apps can be the same in both apps, while the remaining 20 percent would come down to the device that particular application is used on.

Microsoft, obviously, is yet to comment on any of these reports.

But things seem to be on a rather advanced planning stage right now, and the project now looks ready to get the green light from higher officials over at Redmond. If all goes well, we should see the merger of both the stores by the time Windows 9 comes around.

About the Author
Related Posts

A picture that reveals that 1.24% of Surface owners are already using the Surface Go. Surprising...

Mark your calendars, folks! Microsoft, at its briefing at the IFA 2017 conference today,...

Microsoft late last evening released a new Windows 10 Redstone 3 preview version for PCs, that...

  1. So, how is this effected by the Phone/RT merger?

    • I think this ties into two versions of Windows, one on the x86 architecture and another on ARM. Windows Phone and RT will merge together. This is the way forward.

      Even Apple, although the company is quite on it, is said to be working on a unified OS.

Leave a Reply