Affordable is where all the fun is at these days. Midrange is where it’s happening, and deluxe features are being introduced. Lumia 830 being the prime example of this new change.
Sure, it’s not exactly the most budget friendly device at €330, but the features Microsoft managed to stack into its 8.4mm metal frame are notably remarkable. You get stunning hardware prowess, beautiful looks at almost half the cost of other phones. And then there is the amazing PureView camera.
This is the company’s thinnest Lumia yet, and takes its place as the new midrange flag bearer.
Here are the specifications of the Lumia 830:
- Processor: 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- RAM: 1GB
- Storage: 8GB, up to 128GB via microSD, 15GB free cloud storage
- Screen: 5” IPS LCD
- Display: 1280 x 720 pixels, 296 ppi
- Cameras: 10 megapixel PureView rear, 0.9 megapixel front
- Battery: 2220 mAh
- Dimensions: 139.4mm x 70.7mm x 8.5mm
- Weight: 150 g
- OS: Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim
Microsoft even found a way to include a low power motion sensing technology called SensorCore that tracks the movements of a user and his or her location, even with the smartphone is in standby mode, thanks to apps like Bing Health and Fitness, and more.
The device is set to be available in green, orange, white and black colors, and will be launching September worldwide. A wonderful new addition to the Lumia family.