Microsoft will be accelerating it’s internal hardware refresh cycle and giving all their employees new Windows 8 desktops and laptops.
In addition, all 90,000 employees will be getting Microsoft Surface tablets and Windows Phone 8 units.
That makes perfect sense and I think it’s a smart play.
It does a bunch of things at once:
- Tests their manufacturing abilities
- Tests their distribution abilities
- Does an advanced preview to a friendly audience
- Builds goodwill with employees
- Gets Windows 8 devices into the general public immediately.
90,000 is a lot of employees. They have friends and families who will get to try out a brand new Windows 8 device.
Just. In.Time. For. The. Holidays.
What do you think?