Seems like the Italians have struck again…
Congrats to Windows8italia for this one…
There are new details about the Microsoft app store..
Windows8italia posted details on Windows Store references discovered in build 7955 of Windows 8.
The app store will likely be HTML5 based and deliver applications straight to the users desktops from Microsoft’s Azure Cloud.
Applications from Microsoft’s Windows Store will sync across any Windows Live linked PCs, allowing users to roam apps and settings across multiple desktops and laptops.
Microsoft’s Windows Store will support the following;
- Will support the purchase of goods and services directly within applications.
- You can install applications trial and then decide whether to switch to full version .
- Users can rate and review applications. Each comment will be reviewed in turn by other users.
- Users can send reports of problems to application developers.
- It will obviously look for possible applications and filter the results by price or category.
For each application the following will be available:
- Minimum System Requirements
- End User License
- Feature requests (Webcam, GPS …)
- Category and Description
- Application functionality
- Rating the content
- Link to support forum
- Types of supported architectures (x86, x64, ARM, or neutral)
- List of enhancements in the latest versions ( change log )
Here’s a screenshot of the (alleged) architectural schematic for the store..