Some Microsoft Windows 8 documents have been leaked online that seem to hint about some of the areas of focus for Windows 8.
Emphasis will be further improvements in speed, and greater empowerment of users allowing them to easily tweak and optimise their machines without calling a support desk or a more knowledgeable friend.
Some of the details:
- Adding GPS support to Windows 8 netbooks and laptops via the system motherboard or WWAN module
- Further sensor improvements – HID, accelerometers, proximity sensors (cool – PC wakes up when you walk into the room!) etc
- Focus on the “big 3s”: Boot Time, Shut Down Time, Batter Life continuing where Windows 7 left off – “Experiences: Time to first email received, Time to home page, Time to calendar or media playback…Windows 8 PCs turn on fast, nearly instantly in some cases, and are ready to work without any long or unexpected delays. when customers want to check e-mail, sports scores, or play media they love to reach for their PCs because they can get to what they want quickly”
- Faster On from 0 Watts and Instant Sleep resume performance for mobile PCs
- Better restoration tools and ‘Connected Help and Support” – ‘Windows 8 can be restored to the factory default easily. when resetting a Windows 8 PC, all of the files, settings and even the applications are restored. End users have confidence in resetting their PC without having to call support
At this point, it might be total bullshit but we will have to wait and see…