So another tip came in yesterday from an anonymous source.
It basically said the following:
- Microsoft are looking to add Facial Recognition and detection to Windows 8 (no surprise there)
- They are looking to add it to the login screen as an option that can be enabled in the control panel
- Discussions are still ongoing about whether to support:
- >> Kinect
- >> Kinect 2
- >> Webcams (generic 3rd party inclusive)
- >> Microsoft specific webcams
- It will (obviously) be tested thoroughly to avoid any embarrassing snafus
- The decision about whether to green light this feature will be made closer to the end of they year.
- They are also looking at it as a strategic feature for Enterprise (corporate) security.
Like I said: THIS IS AN ANONYMOUS TIP. A RUMOR, BELIEVE AT YOUR OWN RISK.