In light of the fact that Windows 8 is coming soon, there is a lot of movement in the chip industry.
Mobiletechworld.com posted a PDF document that appears to describe the roadmap of a range of Qualcomm products.
It details the following:
This is Qualcomm’s first Windows 8 certified SoC and is expected to start shipping in Q4 2011.
The specifications are the following:
- Dual 1.5-1.7 GHz Krait/ L2 1MB
- 2x500MHz LPDDR2
- LTE FDD/TDD cat3(8960); DC-HSPA(8270)
- TD-SCDMA (8960, 8260A)
- 1080p HD Video@30fps; 3D 20Mpix
- Adreno 225 3D/2D 125M tri./sec (DX9.3)
- Dual 1.0-1.2GHz Krait/ L2 1MB
- 1x533MHz LPDDR2 • 1x533MHz LPDDR2
- LTE Cat2/DC-HSPA+ (8930)
- 21HSPA+ (8230)
- 1080p HD Video@30fps; 3D 12MPix
- Adreno 305 3D 80M tri./sec (DX9.3)
- Quad 2.0-2.5 GHz Krait/ L2 2MB
- 2×667/800MHz LPDDR3
- LTE Cat4, DC-HSPA+, 1xAdv/DOrA/B
- 1080p HD Video@60fps; 30Mpix
- Adreno 320 3D 225M tri/sec (DX9.3)
Qualcomm’s roadmap even goes so far as to lay out plans for a chip to arrive in 2013 which will offer a quad-core 2 to 2.5GHz processor.