If you are willing to build creative and innovative Windows 8 apps, Qualcomm is willing to give you money.
In a new contest on their developer site, Qualcomm are paying $200,000 to five winners in prizes and marketing support for the development of exceptional Windows 8 applications.
From the text:
Categories and Criteria
One winner will be chosen for each of the below categories. Developers must adhere to Microsoft’s Metro-style principles and Microsoft app certification requirements. Applications must be self-contained and can be a fully developed application or a working prototype.
- Best Overall App – $100,000 PrizeJudging Criteria:
- Highest scoring app overall
- Best Connectivity Use Case – $20,000 PrizeJudging Criteria:
- Unique use of an always-on, always-connected solution
- Ease of access
- Incorporation of roaming user profiles
- Best Gaming App – $20,000 PrizeJudging Criteria:
- Originality of game concept
- Fun to play and addictive (player wants to keep playing)
- Best Produtivity App – $20,000 PrizeJudging Criteria:
- Efficient streamlining of process or task
- Performs a single task in a new or interesting way or creates a natural mashup of tasks
- Best Use of AllJoyn – $40,000 Prize
Note: The AllJoyn for Windows 8 Beta SDK will be available July 18, 2012.Judging Criteria:
- Most innovative use of AllJoyn (proximity-based peer-to-peer)
Registration is open from June 27 to October 1, 2012.
The judging will take place from October 2nd through 15th and the winner will be announced on October 18th, 2012.