As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. And if you are in the mood for a $99 Windows 8.1 tablet, then Walmart has you covered on Black Friday with a pretty decent option.
This low cost slate is from E FUN, which describes itself as the fifth largest tablet support in the US.
Without going into the detail of the statement above, this device is known as Nextbook, and is quite similar to the other such Windows slates that are available at double digit prices — all thanks to Microsoft dropping its OS licensing fees for small Windows devices.
Here are the specifications:
- 8-inch display, with a resolution of 1280 x 800
- Intel Atom Z3735G processor, quad-core
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB onboard storage (with microSD support up to 64GB)
- 2 megapixel rear camera with microphone, along with a front webcam
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, and a miniHDMI port
- 4000mAh battery
- 454g weight, which comes in at less than a pound
You get the usual splattering of extra value that most Windows 8.1 tablets offer, including a free 1 year subscription to Office 365 Personal that is worth $70.
This also gets you unlimited OneDrive storage, as Microsoft recently announced.