Surprise!? It’s been only a couple of days since the last release, but Microsoft has unleashed a new build into the Fast ring, that being Windows 10 for PCs build 16275.
It arrives right after another one made it out the gates earlier this week, build 16273.
— Dona Sarkar (@donasarkar) August 25, 2017
This new version is, as you may have guessed, from the Redstone 3 Development Branch, which is to say that it is a preview of the Fall Creators Update that is on track to be finalized next month. Naturally, this build contains a whole bunch of fixes, but no new features are included.
Redmond lists them all in the changelog:
- We fixed an issue resulting in Asphalt 8 not accepting input in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights where when Slideshow was enabled resuming from sleep a second time might place the Lock screen in a state where it couldn’t be dismissed without pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del.
- We fixed an issue that caused minimized per-monitor DPI aware windows to miss DPI changes and end up with a mix of DPI scaling upon restoring.
- We fixed an issue in XAML resulting in text animations appearing slightly blurry in the last flight until the animation had stopped (for example, when loading the main page of Settings).
- We fixed an issue resulting in progress wheels on certain websites in Microsoft Edge unexpectedly moving out of place during their rotation.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an unexpected change in mouse sensitivity in the last flight for PCs using non-default display scaling.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the taskbar being unexpectedly thick if you booted up the PC while plugged in to an external monitor with a different DPI.
And while no known issues are listed, it doesn’t mean that there are no problems with this version. It’s just that that the company will not be listing issues with these builds anymore — at least during this rapid release period leading into the Fall Creators Update.
Microsoft has not made available some x64 versions of Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise for this build, but these are coming soon. These include EN-GB, FR-FR, DE-DE, RU-RU, PT-BR and several others.
Additionally, if you Skip Ahead to the Redstone 4 development, you will not get this build, and will have to wait until the software titan releases preview versions for that branch. Switching back to the Fast ring will mean you will not be able to Skip Ahead again.