Welcome to our Windows 8.1 Tutorial Videos page. We have compiled some of the most comprehensive video tutorials to walk you through some of the critical functions in Windows 8.1.
We have the videos here categorized by function so without further ado, here we go.
New! Windows 8.1 Instructional Videos
- What’s new in Windows 8.1
- Using Windows 8.1 with a keyboard
- Effectively managing multiple full screen Windows Store applications
- The missing Windows 8 Manual
Windows 8.1 Basic Functions
- What are tiles and what can I do with them?
- What are “charms”? (how do I access them?)
- Where is the Start button? (what is Start and how can I get to it?)
The Touch Experience
- How do I right-click in Desktop?
- How do I select a tile in Start? (how to manage them?)
- How do I access the charms?
- Navigating Start
- Locking/unlocking the screen
Using Windows 8.1
- Where are programs like Notepad and Paint?
- How do I toggle between Start and Desktop modes?
- How do I shut down the system?
- How do I connect to the network?
- How do I know if I already have a Microsoft ID?
- How do I create a Microsoft ID?
- How do I find an installed app to use it?
- How do I find a new app and install it?
- How do I move an app tile?
- How do I force close an app?
- How do I lock/unlock the screen?
- How do I lock/unlock the screen with picture lock ?
- How do I change the screen resolution?
- How do I change screen brightness?
- How do I add or remove a tile to/from Start?
- How do I make the tile larger or smaller?
- How do I migrate all applications and files from my old PC to my new PC?
Advance System Functions
Windows 8.1 New Features
- How do I set up the Lock screen slideshow?
- How do I set the Windows 8.1 alarm?
- What is Quiet hours? How do I set up Quiet hours?
- Where can I see all of my installed apps?
- What are the new tile sizes?
- How can I open multiple apps and use them at the same time?
Desktop User Experience
- I work under Desktop mostly. How do I enable a classic menu option by downloading Pokki?
- How do I boot directly to the Desktop to enhance my desktop user experience?
- How do I make the “All Apps” view the default for Start to enhance my desktop user experience?
- In “All Apps”, how do I show the desktop apps first to enhance my desktop user experience?
- How do I make desktop fonts and icons larger?