“Notifications” is the section of PC Settings where you come to configure all the notification-related settings for Metro apps.
How to Access It
- Invoke Settings Charm either through the Charms Bar or key combo “Win + I”.
- Select “Change PC Settings” option located at the bottom of the Settings Charm pane. This will launch PC Settings.
- Select “Notifications” tab from the left pane of PC Settings.
The general notification settings include the following.
- You can specify whether or not you want to see any notification at all.
- You can enable/disable notifications on the lock screen. This will remove all the widgets from the lock screen leaving only date, time and the wallpaper.
- Set whether or not the notifications should arrive with sound.
Besides that, you can toggle notifications from an individual application. If you don’t want to hear from a specific application, you can simply turn the notifications off for that app.
As shown in the above image, I have turned off notifications from Music; I know, after all, what song I am listening to!
Also, I have disabled annoying notifications from Messaging and from Internet Explorer.