Interesting new stats about Windows Phone.
More than 100,000 apps have now been published in the Windows Phone Marketplace.
New content is currently being added at the rate of 313 apps per day and as of right now, 100,145 apps have been published.
Of these, 26,493 were added in the last three months and 9,391 were added in the last month.
These from just over 23,825 different publishers.
More detailed stats.
As of June 3rd, 2012:
- 100,145 apps published to the Windows Phone Marketplace over the last 20 months
- 88,371 apps live (available for download, total across 60 countries)
- Windows Phone reached the 100,000 milestone faster than Android (24 months), but slower than iOS (16 months)
- 23,825 publishers (developers)
- Proportion of quality apps (rated five or more times) stable at 8% (UK ratings) 12% (US ratings)
- It took Windows Phone 14 months to reach 50,000 apps, but only another 5 months to double that figure to 100,000. The 50,000 app mark was reached on December 27th, 2011, the 60,000 mark on January 22nd, 2012, the 70,000 mark on February 23rd, and the 80,000 milestone on March 26th, the 90,000 milestone on April 30th. It has taken an additional 33 days to reach the 100,000 mark.
The moral of the story is Microsoft is in this for the long haul.